We know that renting gear is not necessarily your favourite part of a winter holiday. But for us this is where the FUN begins. We try & make the rental process as easy as possible. Everything we do is driven by our love of skiing & riding & we want to help you get the same BUZZ, whether it’s your first time on snow or whether you’re a Masters Racer. We want to help you have the BEST winter holiday EVER.
Rented From Us Before?
Let us know what gear you want & when. We already know your size and equipment settings. In the case of kids, we will need to re-measure them as they are bound to have grown since the last time you were here! Just email us at least 5 days before your first day on snow at for any specific requests or re-hires.
Renting For The First Time?
When you come into the shop we take the time to fit the gear to your specific requirements giving a personalised service for maximum safety and comfort. Our busiest time of the day is between about 4pm and 6pm, but we are open from July to September, 7 days a week.
Why Rent From Browns?
Apart from all of the above, here are a few more reasons for those of you sitting on the fence:
1) IT'S A PIECE OF CAKE!
- Sweetest rental system , minimising shop-time, maximising slope-time
- We seriously have the best staff in the business!
2) QUALITY GEAR & QUALITY MAINTENANCE
- Brand new Executive skis & boards every season
- All bindings are calibrated using the only electronic calibration unit in the South Island to maximise safety
- We have a Montana Snow Cruiser Robot producing the sweetest tune to help YOU make the sweetest turns
3) TAKING DAYS OFF – NO PROBLEM & NO COST!
- Just let us know in advance, drop off or have us collect the gear, and we don’t charge you rental for those days
- We’ll drop your gear back to you when you’re ready to go again
- Quality gear, washed & re-proofed after every rental - nice
5) INSURANCE IS INCLUDED
- We include equipment insurance in our rental price. Other shops can charge between $3 & $4 per set per day.
6) SKIS versus SNOWBOARD
- Do both with no hassle!
- Swap between a board or skis @ no extra cost – we like to be flexible!